Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change Windows Vista on-screen language from French to English, I,ve just bought a new French laptop.?

I hope your French isn't too rusty - because mine is. The following will only work if you have Windows Vista Ultimate or an Enterprise version.



If I were to change the language on my PC to French, I would go START - CONTROL PANEL - CLOCK, LANGUAGE, AND REGION (this icon looks like a globe with a clock next to it) - REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE OPTIONS (again, the clock and globe icon) - KEYBOARDS AND LANGUAGES (this is the third tab from the left).



Under DISPLAY LANGUAGE, there's an option to install more languages. On my PC (set up here in the United States) I would have to install additional languages but since yours was set up with French as the default language, you may already have English installed.



Alternatively, if you're only interested in getting the clocks, currencies, etc to be changed to English, you can do this via the FORMATS tab on the REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE options I mentioned before.



If you don't have Ultimate or Enterprise and you need to change the GUI language, you may be stuck re-installing the operating system, unless someone has a better answer than mine.How do I change Windows Vista on-screen language from French to English, I,ve just bought a new French laptop.?
Hi,



I have a couple of additional languages added and can switch the on-screen

keyboard to these languages. However, if I click any on-screen keyboard key,

it asks me to move focus to the window I want to type in. As soon as I do

that, then hover the mouse back to the on-screen keyboard to click the key,

the keyboard immediately switches back to English. Clicking keys will

actually type the selected language characters corresponsing to these keys,

but the English display on the keyboard makes difficult to know which keys

I'm about to click/type, which kind of defeats the purpose. Any idea how to

get around that?
  • name your fish
  • howtocurlyourhairwithrollers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment