Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change Windows login settings?

I have Vista and I want to make it so that every time I close the lid to my computer, on start-up it asks for my password. I have it set to when I close the lid it goes to sleep. How do I do this?How do I change Windows login settings?
Log in with an Administrative account.

Click Start.

In the Start Search box, type in ';control userpasswords2'; but no quotes.

Click Continue in the User Account Control prompt.

Click on the Advanced tab.

Check the box that is labelled ';Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete';

Click OK when done.

Restart your computer.How do I change Windows login settings?
There should be something in the display options. It'll either be in the screen saver configuration settings and should say something like ';On Resume, Display Windows Login Screen'; or maybe ';Welcome Screen.';



If that doesn't cut it, try clicking on the power settings button (should be on the same tab). On the Advanced Tab of the Power Option Properties, there should be an option for ';Prompt for password when computer returns from standby'; or something similarly worded.



Sorry I can't be more definite than that. I'm not a Windows user outside of work and I'm running from memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment