Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to change Windows Administrator PW??

I tried to remove the password from the Administrator account so that everyone can go on the computer. It said I typed it incorrectly, I KNOW I didn't because I type it in everyday. Now I'm scared to log off, how can I retrieve/change it without losing anything on my computer?How to change Windows Administrator PW??
if this is the prob just create a new account wit admistrator privilages.. wit this u'l have all the power as a administrator..How to change Windows Administrator PW??
Go to the command prompt (Start-%26gt;Run-%26gt;cmd).

Next, type in net user (account name) *

It will prompt you for a password. Press enter. Press enter again. Now the password will be blank. I am using Vista, so I don't know if XP requires an admin prompt. If so, right-click it and select run as administrator if you have this feature.

Step By Step:

1. click on Start in the taskbar.

2. Click on run

3. Type in cmd

//My user account will be Gustav

4. net user Gustav *

//Command prompt responds type a password for the user

5. Press enter

6. Press enter



I tried to user a 鈧?when setting my admin password. Stupid me especially when my computer is set to US on boot! Luckily for me I had activated my Guest account and was able to change the keyboard to US international.
1) You can either burn OPHCrack to a disk, restart, and boot off of the CD (Follow the instructions in this link, http://www.instructables.com/id/Retrieving-Lost-Windows-Passwords/ )



OR



2) You can over-ride.overwrite the password. ( Follow the instructions in this link, http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-bypass-Windows-XP-login-passwords-from-scra/ )



Personally, #1 is easier, and you'll have a handy CD to use later in case you need to prank a friend, or teach someone who's boss.
  • cat
  • web hosting forum
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment