Monday, June 6, 2011

Change windows boot sequence?

I am running Windows 7 x64 on my main HDD, I also have a 30GB partition that I made on the same drive. I've installed Windows XP home x32 on the 30gb partition, but when I boot my pc, it auto loads the xp, without giving me the option to choose which OS to load. I want to have the option to choose one or the other when needed. ANy ideas on how to change that?Change windows boot sequence?
http://apcmag.com/the_definitive_dualbooChange windows boot sequence?
XP over-wrote the W7 Boot Loader. You have to start over and install XP FIRST.



Then, when you re-install W7, it will create the missing Dual-boot screen.



OR:



I'm not sure if it can modify XP's Boot Loader, but try EasyBCD, free from:



Hint: Click on the Softpedia Icon (scroll to Bottom) to download.

No comments:

Post a Comment