Monday, June 6, 2011

Can i change windows vista to xp?

Ok, I had Windows Vista for my laptop, but Im sick of using it, So is it okay if I upgrade XP from Vista, because my dad told me that if i change it it will lock the computer, but its all up to the Task manager so can you tell me how to change vista to Xp? Thanks!Can i change windows vista to xp?
You need to do a clean installation of XP which will erase all of your data (or you could dual boot Vista and XP see the end of my answer)



I have done this on my laptop and it was VERY difficult but I got it to work.



Here is the list of XP hardware drivers that you need:



Motherboard chipset

Coprocessor

LAN

Video

WLAN (wireless)

MS UAA

Audio

Modem

Card Reader

Web Cam (if needed)



You may need Net.framework 2.0 to get some drivers to work.



Also some drivers may need to be manually installed as opposed to using the installer (exe).



It literally took me several days to get everything to work.



Good luck.



To dual boot read this:

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vistaCan i change windows vista to xp?
You would need to downgrade to XP, not upgrade. The Task Manager has nothing to do with downgrading.
you have to buy xp software

i personally like vista
You would have to completely wipe your hard drive and reinstall Windows XP as your operating system. You would also need to have Windows XP drivers for all of your hardware.
depends on your computer. many that are coming out now adays are very difficult to go from vista to xp. research your computer on google and see what other people have done.
I know that you can buy XP and install it, instead of having Vista. As far as I know it won't lock the computer the only thing that will be different is that you have XP instead of Vista!
I hate vista and our computer has it, we were unable to but I think on some computers you can put XP on but you have to have the certain ';drivers'; for XP.
You would need to get an a copy of XP of somebody if you don't already have one, uninstall Vista and install XP.
What you want to do is completely stupid.Replace a brand new operating system with one that is dying? Why, because the start button on vista is round and it does not say ';start';?Everything new takes time to get familiar with.
Format your hard drive and install XP like installing a new OS.



But I prefer Vista over XP anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment