Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I or can I change windows 7 64-bit to 32-bit ?

You unfortunately have to have the 32 bit install and reinstall from scratch. Due to changes in the components you cannot just modify your existing installation to be 32 bit.How can I or can I change windows 7 64-bit to 32-bit ?
Buy a windows 7 32 bit cdHow can I or can I change windows 7 64-bit to 32-bit ?
I think the installation DVD includes both versions. Or you could just look for 'windows 7 x86'
You need to reinstall it from the beginning. Hope you have Windows 7 64 bit DVD. Just insert it and follow the instructions.
The version which you have is 64 bit. The only way to change this by using the CD/DVD for 32 bit version.
You are correct that you cannot downgrade or upgrade 32bit to 64bit or 64bit to 32bit.



The simplest and safest setup would be to just format the drive and install the 32-bit version clean, but this would involve reinstalling all of your software.



Make sure that you check with the company techs to make sure that their software programs are compatible with Windows 7.
You can't ';change'; between 32-bit and 64-bit in either direction.



You'd have to reinstall 32-bit from scratch to make the transition. You might be able to use the Windows Easy Transfer Wizard to move over some things like settings however.

No comments:

Post a Comment